|KaG-14A (top) and KaG-14MI (bottom) in Saegyan service.|
|First flight||01 March 1997|
|Introduction||01 January 2004|
|Primary user||Saegyan Revolutionary Air Force|
|Unit cost||32.7b Danto (KaG-14M)|
The Kagedan KaG-14 "Geomyong" (Saegyan: 검용, English: Black Dragon)) is a twin-engined, lightweight multirole fighter capable of all weather, all mission operations, produced by Kagedan Aerospace. It was designed to fulfill the needs of the Saegyan Revolutionary Air Force for a next-generation lightweight fighter to form the mainstay of the SRAF's fixed-wing aviation for the new millennia. It utilizes a delta wing and canard design and fly by wire flight controls, and exists in a number of variants.
- KaG-14A: Initial production variant, including mostly stea
- KaG-14M: Modernized variant, including upgraded glass cockpit dipslays with multifunction displays, retractable refueling probes, AESA radar. Drogue chute above engine mounts is replaced with a more compact mounting for improved ECM/RWR mounts. Integrated to launch cruise missiles and antiship missiles.
- KaG-14MI: Improved variant of M models, including upgraded radar, helmet HUD and see-through interface,
- Saegya: The Saegyan Revolutionary Air Force fields 264 KaG-14A, KaG-14I and KaG-14MI.
- Ahras: The Ahrasi National Armed Forces have around 15 KaG-14As in active service, an additional order of 20 KaG-14Ms and upgrade package to existing KaG-14As are in consideration.
- Crew: 1
- Length: 16.33m (53 ft 7 in)
- Wingspan: 9.75 m (32 ft 0 in)
- Height: 5.32 m (17 ft 2 in)
- Wing area: 33 m2 (360 sq ft)
- Empty weight: 9,600 kg (21,164 lb)
- Loaded weight: 12,250 kg (27,007 lb)
- Max takeoff weight: 19,277 kg (42,499 lb)
- Powerplant: × 2 × Klimov RD-33 afterburning turbofan engines, 81.59 kN (18,340 lbf) with afterburner, or 2x Kaegan TN-02 afterburning turbofan engines, 91.3 kN (20,457 lbf)
- Maximum speed: Mach 2.4
- Range: 3,200 km
- Combat radius: 1,250 km (777 mi, 675 nmi)
- Service ceiling: 18,000 m (59,000 ft)
- Rate of climb: 330 m/s
- Thrust/weight: 1.18
- Maximum design g-load: +9, -3
- Guns: 1 × 30 mm Gryazev-Shipunov GSh-30-1 autocannon with 150 rounds
- Hardpoints: 12 in total (6x) under wing, 2x under-intake and 4x under fuselage) with capacity for 7,00kg of external fuel and ordnance.
- Air-to-air missiles:
- Air-to-surface missiles: